Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ashes to Ashes: The Scribing of Ishitar (Vol. II)




Thank you sybillreader with OnlineBookClub.org for this excellent 4 out of 4 star review of Ashes to Ashes!

Ashes to Ashes: The Scribing of Ishitar is a very compelling story. It is a fictional account of how the angels and demons faired after the original rebellion from on high. I found it to be fascinating, especially since this is not the type of book that I would normally read. I had to keep reading to figure out what the characters’ motive were and try to distinguish the good guys from the bad. The cast of characters includes Gods, angels, demons, vampires, mortals, fairies, and creatures that I could never fit into any category at all.

The battle of good and evil is as old as time. In this case greedy gods fight amongst themselves for kingdoms and positions that they desire and many times non-gods get caught in the crossfire as pawns. The vampires need blood to feed upon yet they cannot breed; the angels can breed, but must do so with a lesser class; the demons want to get rid of the angels; and the fairies will do whatever their mortal master tells them to do. A war for survival begins, and it is time to call in old favors. Add in forbidden love, deceit, lots of secrets, murder, and revenge and boy what a story we have!

I was amazed at the obedience and loyalty in this tale. A friendship that spanned centuries between a demon and an angel is tested as the war escalates. Will it survive or will they feel the compulsion to remain true to their own people? A love affair ends in the most heart-breaking way. A young boy becomes a man as he leads his people on the battlefield. Help comes from surprising and unexpected sources, testing trust on all sides as class classifications go by the wayside. Unnecessary deaths broke my heart and made me want to cry while one called a friend turns into a traitor. One particular god is the vilest of the vile and I wanted to get him myself. The author blends all of this into one of the most amazing and emotional adventures that I have read.

The names gave me a little trouble at first, but as I got to know the characters I could place the names in my head even though I could not pronounce them. Then I realized that I missed the first book in the series. I will read it now that I know about it and I highly recommend reading Fall from Grace first to understand the who, what, why, and how of this continuing story and definitely for character development.


There are several sub-plots within the main story and I guarantee that this book will keep you going. I recommend this book even if it does not fall within the genre that you normally read. You will not be disappointed. Please hurry with the next one! I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment